Three Amtrak routes travel to Florida: Auto Train (which only stops in Sanford, Florida and in Virginia), Silver Star and Silver Meteor. All routes travel along the East Coast, with direct service from cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Raleigh and Charleston, SC. If you don’t live near one of the Silver Meteor or Silver Star Amtrak stations, you’ll have to ride more than one train to reach Florida.
Things to Know
- Only the Silver Star train goes to Tampa.
- Trains enter Florida via coastal Georgia and do not travel in the Panhandle.
- If you are traveling to South Florida, the Silver Meteor will get you there faster.
- You can only book a trip on the Auto Train if you are transporting a vehicle (extra fees apply).
- The West Palm Beach Amtrak station is closest to the ocean (about a 45-minute walk or 7-minute car ride)
To plan your trip, see below for the list of Florida Amtrak stations and and begin the ticketing booking process on Amtrak.com to see all your route options.
Florida Amtrak Stations
- Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
- Palatka, FL (PAK)
- DeLand, FL (DLD)
- Winter Park, FL (WPK)
- Orlando, FL (ORL)
- Sanford, FL – Auto Train Station (SFA)
- Kissimmee, FL (KIS)
- Tampa, FL – Union Station (TPA)
- Lakeland, FL – To/from Points South (LKL)
- Lakeland, FL – To/from Points North (LAK)
- Winter Haven, FL (WTH)
- Sebring, FL (SBG)
- Okeechobee, FL (OKE)
- West Palm Beach, FL (WPB)
- Delray Beach, FL (DLB)
- Deerfield Beach, FL (DFB)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL (FTL)
- Hollywood, FL (HOL)
- Miami, FL (MIA)