The Fort Lauderdale Amtrak Station is at 200 SW 21st Terrace. It is one of Florida’s historic and rather romantic train stations — it was built in 1926 in Mediterranean Revival style. Despite the station’s charm, it is not in a walkable area, and you will need to arrange for car transportation if you are arriving at the station. As a perk, the ocean is only 20 minutes away by car, and Amtrak’s Silver Meteor and Silver Star trains stop here along with the Tri-Rail commuter trains. Learn more about the station below.
View all station amenities, including:
- Ticket sales office
- Bag storage (with fee)
- Checked baggage service
- Daily and overnight parking
Things to Know
- Southbound trains arrive early evening
- Northbound trains arrive morning (Silver Meteor) and midday (Silver Star)
- Tri-Rail trains go to destinations including the Miami Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Boca Raton and West Palm Beach.
- There is an Enterprise rental car office near the station and typically Enterprise can pick you up. Call ahead to confirm before making reservations.
- The second closest rental car office is Avis, but you might need to take a taxi, Uber or Lyft to get there.
Days Inn by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port is the only hotel near the train station, but it is not in walking distance, largely because I-95 and elevated roads prevent a direct route. We recommend staying in downtown Fort Lauderdale or near the beaches via a taxi, Uber or Lyft ride.