The Hiawatha Amtrak route travels between Chicago and Milwaukee multiple times a day. Commute time is approximately 90 minutes between the two cities with limited stops in between — great for business travel or sightseeing.
You can view current schedules via Google Maps or when booking your tickets.
- Trains operate seven days a week (more trains on weekdays)
- The first trains depart Chicago and Milwaukee just after 6 a.m. Monday-Friday
- The last daily train to depart Chicago is 8 p.m., but there is a late train on Friday nights after 11 p.m.
- Last southbound train from Milwaukee departs around 7:30 p.m.
- Chicago, IL – Union Station (CHI)
- Glenview, IL (GLN)
- Sturtevant, WI (SVT)
- Milwaukee, WI – General Mitchell Intl. Airport (MKA)
- Milwaukee, WI – Intermodal Station (MK
Attractions Along the Route
- Downtown Milwaukee
- Harley-Davidson Museum
- Wisconsin Convention Center
- The Shops of Grand Avenue
- Milwaukee Airport
- Chicago Loop
- Chicago River
- Willis Tower