The Tampa Amtrak Station (Tampa Union Station) is at 601 N Nebraska Avenue in between downtown Tampa and Ybor City. Built in 1912, the train station is a historic landmark and trains on the Silver Star Amtrak route stop here. There is direct service to cities including Miami, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Jacksonville, Savannah, Charleston, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York City.
WalkScore identifies the area around the station as highly walkable; a greenway trail, cruise ship ports, tourist attractions and restaurants are in walking distance, although at first look, the station seems a bit isolated. Learn more about the amenities in and around the station below.
View the full list of station amenities. Highlights include:
- Free daily and overnight parking
- Checked bag service
- Bag storage (fee)
Things to Know
- Tampa trains currently arrive and depart on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays
- Trip time between Tampa and Orlando is about two hours
- Trip time between Tampa and Miami is about 5.5 hours
- It’s a 13-minute walk from the Amtrak station to a streetcar stop (Publix, #5) with service around the downtown area and to Ybor City
Two hotels are less than a 10-minute walk from the Amtrak station:
- Le Méridien Tampa (10-minute walk)
- Floridian Palace (13-minute walk)
- Residence Inn (15-minute walk)
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown (15-minute walk)
- Ybor City hotels (accessible via streetcar)
Note that we may earn commission if you book a hotel through one of the above links. This compensation supports train travel research and guides.
Things to Do
Some attractions may not be open or have reduced hours due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Oaklawn Cemetery (10-minute walk)
- Tampa Theatre (12-minute walk)
- Tampa Streetcar (13-minute walk)
- The Great Escape Room Tampa (13-minute walk)
- Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park (15-minute walk)
- Glazer Children’s Museum (16-minute walk)
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts (16-minute walk)
- Florida Aquarium (18-minute walk)
- Tampa Bay History Center (18-minute walk)
- Tampa Museum of Art (20-minute walk)
- Tampa Riverwalk (20-minute walk)
Last updated December 2020