Two Amtrak routes stop at the Orlando Amtrak Station, the Silver Meteor and the Silver Star. Both are long-distance routes that travel between New York City and Miami with many stops in between, including in the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. If your starting location is not on the East Coast near one of the Silver Meteor or Silver Star stations, you’ll need to ride more than one train to reach Orlando. You can view all your Amtrak trip options when you start the ticket booking process on Amtrak.com.
Things to Know
- Train arrival times in Orlando are excellent if there are no delays. Trains heading south arrive late morning to early afternoon. Trains heading north arrive in the early afternoon and early evening.
- The Amtrak Auto Train stops nearby in Sanford, Florida if you would like to transport your car or other vehicle. Note that you must travel with a vehicle in order to book tickets on the Auto Train and extra fees apply.
- Amtrak trains also stop in nearby Winter Park and Kissimmee as additional options for reaching the Orlando area in case your final destination is closer to one of these stations.
Florida Trip Times
- Trip time between Miami and Orlando is just over 5 hours without delays, which is only one hour longer than driving.
- Trip time between Orlando and Tampa is about about two hours without delays, with trains arriving in the early evening.
- Trip time between Jacksonville and Orlando is about 3 hours and 15 minutes without delays, which is only 45 minutes longer than driving.
- Amtrak to Disney World
- Florida Amtrak Stations
- New York City to Florida by train
- 7 things to pack for your Amtrak trip