The Sanford, Florida Amtrak Station is at 600 S Persimmon Avenue. It is one of two Auto Train stations, and you must be transporting a vehicle (extra cost) in order to book tickets on the train. Learn more about the station below.
- Ticket sales office
View all station amenities and vehicle requirements on the Amtrak website. Note that there is no parking at the station and passengers should arrive 120 minutes before train departure (extra time needed to load vehicles).
Things to Know
- Station check-in begins at 11:30 a.m. and ends at 2:30 p.m.
- Trains depart at 4 p.m. and arrive at 9 a.m. the next day
- Meals are included if you book a roomette or bedroom
- Coach seats are also available at a cheaper price (food can be purchased in the cafe car)
- Pack your bags in your vehicle and carry on the train an overnight bag and if desired, a pillow
- Be sure to deactive your car alarm and remove roof racks from the top of your car (unless they are factory-installed)
- Pets are allowed, but there are rules and restrictions
- Bike racks on backs of vehicles are allowed, but damage waivers must be signed and the rack must be measured as part of your vehicle length (16 feet maximum)
- Free Sanford Trolley normally stops at the Amtrak Station, but is temporarily suspended during the pandemic.
- Drive time to/from downtown Orlando is 30 minutes
- Drive time to/from Daytona Beach is about 50 minutes
- Drive time to/from Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort is 50 minutes
Nearby Things to Do
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Lake Monroe
- Sanford Riverwalk
- Sanford Museum
- Blue Spring State Park