The Pere Marquette service has been temporarily cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Pere Marquette Amtrak route travels between Chicago and Grand Rapids, Michigan daily. Amenities include a cafe, business class seating, WiFi and bicycle storage depending on room. Plus, there is a stop at St. Joseph/Benton Harbor as an easy lakefront getaway from the big city.
Things to know:
- Trains depart Chicago early evening
- Trains depart Grand Rapids very early in the morning (around 6 a.m.)
- Chicago is on Central Time while the other stations on the route are on Eastern
- Total commute time is about four hours, with St. Joseph/Benton Harbor the halfway point
- Chicago, IL – Union Station (CHI)
- St. Joseph-Benton Harbor, MI (SJM)
- Bangor, MI (BAM)
- Holland, MI (HOM)
- Grand Rapids, MI – Vernon J. Ehlers Station (GRR)