Amtrak’s Heartland Flyer is a short regional route that connects Oklahoma City and Fort Worth. Travel time between these two stations is approximately four hours, just one hour longer than driving. There are also stops at other cities in Oklahoma and Texas.
This website is reader supported and we may earn a small commission from links on this page.
Things to Know
- You can bring bikes on the train, but reservations are required. Learn more.
- Day trips are doable if you are traveling southbound (including from Oklahoma City).
- The Oklahoma City Station is in a very walkable area, so it’s easy to explore nearby attractions without renting a car or using rideshare. Tip: if you plan on visiting, you’ll need to stay at least one night in Oklahoma City.
- You can walk to multiple hotels in five minutes or less from the Oklahoma City Station, including:
- There is daily train service, one train in each direction.
- Trains depart Oklahoma City in the morning.
- Trains depart Forth Worth early evening.
View current schedules on the HeartlandFlyer.com website.
- Oklahoma City, OK (OKC)
- Norman, OK (NOR)
- Purcell, OK (PUR)
- Pauls Valley, OK (PVL)
- Ardmore, OK (ADM)
- Gainesville, TX (GLE)
- Fort Worth, TX (FTW)