Trains on Amtrak’s Keystone Service route travel between New York City and Harrisburg with stops in New Jersey and Philadelphia. Primarily a Pennsylvania commuter train, there are multiple daily departures that connect Dutch Country with metropolitan cities.
This website is reader supported and we may earn a small commission from links on this page.
Things to Know
- There are only coach seats on this train.
- Exit at Lancaster to reach Dutch Country and markets with fresh food.
- Hersheypark is a 20-minute drive away from the Harrisburg Station (Lyft and Uber available).
- Travel time between Harrisburg and Philadelphia is just over an hour.
- Travel time between Harrisburg and New York City is over three hours.
- There are multiple trains each day, with later starts on the weekend.
- Not all trains travel to New York City.
- There’s a stop at the Newark International Airport (with connection to the airport train).
- The Philadelphia 30th Street Station has connections to SEPTA trains that to and from the Philadelphia International Airport.
View latest schedules and timetables on Amtrak.com.
- Harrisburg, PA (HAR)
- Middletown, PA (MID)
- Elizabethtown, PA (ELT)
- Mount Joy, PA (MJY)
- Lancaster, PA (LNC)
- Parkesburg, PA (PAR)
- Coatesville, PA (COT)
- Downingtown, PA (DOW)
- Exton, PA (EXT)
- Paoli, PA (PAO)
- Ardmore, PA (ARD)
- Philadelphia, PA – 30th Street Station (PHL)
- North Philadelphia, PA (PHN)
- Cornwells Heights, PA (CWH)
- Trenton, NJ (TRE)
- Princeton Junction, NJ (PJC)
- New Brunswick, NJ (NBK)
- Metropark, NJ (MET)
- Newark, NJ – Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Newark, NJ – Penn Station (NWK)
- New York, NY – Penn Station (NYP)
Attractions Along the Route
- Downtown Harrisburg
- Pennsylvania State Capitol
- Pennsylvania Federation-Museum
- Harrisburg riverboat cruises
- Harrisburg University of Science & Technology
- The National Civil War Museum
- The Forum Auditorium
- Harrisburg Market Square
- Capital Area Greenbelt
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts
- Let’s Pretend Children’s Museum
- Lancaster Central Market
- Franklin and Marshall College
- Dutch Country
- Drexel University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Madison Square Garden
- Empire State Building