Planning a trip to Disney World on Amtrak? The closest station is Kissimmee on the Silver Meteor and Silver Star routes, which is only about a 22-minute car ride away from one of the Disney World main entrances (the station is also near Disney Springs). Drive time is about the same from the Orlando Amtrak station, but the driving route from Orlando is mostly interstate and the station is further way from Disney in terms of miles.
Things to Know
- Trains arrive in Kissimmee between 10:45 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. depending on the route and direction of travel. Orlando train arrivals are about 30 minutes earlier or later.
- Enterprise, Budget and Hertz rental car companies are near the Kissimmee Amtrak station. Enterprise usually can pick up customers with rental reservations. Call ahead to confirm a pick up, or take an Uber, Lyft or taxi to the car rental offices.
- If you decide to exit the train at the Orlando Amtrak station, there is a Hertz rental car office on site. Southbound trains also stop at Orlando before Kissimmee if you are eager to get off the train.
- If you are traveling alone or with one or two other people, you might not need to rent a car if staying on or near Disney property thanks to shuttle buses (or use Uber or Lyft to get to the theme parks to avoid parking fees and logistics).
- Minnie Van Service is available through the Lyft app if you are traveling with a larger group and need a ride to your hotel or to/from the parks.