Missouri River Runner Amtrak trains travel between St. Louis and Kansas City with stops at stations in Missouri. As the name suggests, trains follow the Missouri River for part of the journey. Amenities include WiFi, a café and business class seating.
Fun Fact: This route follows a similar path as the Ann Rutledge train (1937-2009).
This website is reader supported and we may earn a small commission from links on this page.
- Travel time between St. Louis and Kansas City is about 5.5 hours.
- Travel time between St. Louis and Jefferson City is about 2.5 hours.
- Travel time between Kansas City and Jefferson City is over 3 hours.
View latest schedules and timetables on Amtrak.com.
- Kansas City, MO – Union Station (KCY)
- Independence, MO (IDP)
- Lee’s Summit, MO (LEE)
- Warrensburg, MO (WAR)
- Sedalia, MO (SED)
- Jefferson City, MO (JEF)
- Hermann, MO (HEM)
- Washington, MO (WAH)
- Kirkwood, MO (KWD)
- St. Louis, MO – Gateway Station (STL)