The beautiful and historic West Palm Beach Amtrak Station is at 209 S Tamarind Avenue, only 10 minutes away from the ocean by car. It opened in 1925 for the winter-only Orange Blossom Special train, and today the Silver Meteor and Silver Star Amtrak trains stop here along with Greyhound buses and the Tri-Rail. Another perk: the station is in walking distance of downtown West Palm Beach and Rosemary Square, so there are plenty of retail stores and sights to see.
View all station amenities, including:
- Bag storage (fee)
- Checked baggage service
- Daily and overnight parking
Things to Know
- Southbound trains arrive early evening
- Northbound trains arrive mid-morning (Silver Meteor) or early afternoon (Silver Star)
- If you are traveling northbound, the Silver Meteor is faster unless you are traveling to Tampa (then get tickets on the Silver Star). Keep in mind that the northbound Silver Meteor trains are currently departing West Palm Beach on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only at this time.
- There is an Enterprise rental car office nearby. Call ahead to verify pick up from the Amtrak station before making reservations. ACE Rent A Car is also an option.
- Trip time to or from Miami is about 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Trip time to or from Orlando is about 3 hours and 30 minutes on the Silver Meteor. Via the Silver Star, travel time is closer to 6 hours.
Hotels are listed in order by approximate distance from the station (nearest first).
- Hotel Evernia
- Palm Beach Hibiscus
- Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown
- West Palm Beach Marriott
- The Ben
- Canopy by Hilton
- Hilton West Palm Beach
- Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Note that we may earn commission if you book a hotel through one of the above links. This compensation supports train travel research and guides.
Things to Do
- Quadrille Linear Park
- AMC Rosemary Square
- Improv Comedy Club
- Kravis Center
- Meyer Amphitheater
- Palm Harbor Marina
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket
- South Cove Natural Area
- Norton Museum of Art