The beautiful and historic West Palm Beach Amtrak Station is at 209 S Tamarind Avenue, only 10 minutes away from the ocean by car. It opened in 1925 for the winter-only Orange Blossom Special train, and today the Silver Meteor and Silver Star Amtrak trains stop here along with Greyhound buses and the Tri-Rail. Another perk: the station is in walking distance of downtown West Palm Beach and Rosemary Square, so there are plenty of retail stores and sights to see.
View all station amenities, including:
- Bag storage (fee)
- Checked baggage service
- Daily and overnight parking
Things to Know
- Southbound trains arrive early evening
- Northbound trains arrive mid-morning (Silver Meteor) or early afternoon (Silver Star)
- If you are traveling northbound, the Silver Meteor is faster unless you are traveling to Tampa (then get tickets on the Silver Star).
- There is an Enterprise rental car office nearby. Call ahead to verify pick up from the Amtrak station before making reservations. ACE Rent A Car is also an option.
- Trip time to or from Miami is about 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Trip time to or from Orlando is about 3 hours and 30 minutes on the Silver Meteor. Via the Silver Star, travel time is closer to 6 hours.
Hotels are listed in order by approximate distance from the station (nearest first).
- Hotel Evernia
- Palm Beach Hibiscus
- Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown
- West Palm Beach Marriott
- The Ben
- Canopy by Hilton
- Hilton West Palm Beach
- Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Note that we may earn commission if you book a hotel through one of the above links. This compensation supports train travel research and guides.
Things to Do
- Quadrille Linear Park
- AMC Rosemary Square
- Improv Comedy Club
- Kravis Center
- Meyer Amphitheater
- Palm Harbor Marina
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket
- South Cove Natural Area
- Norton Museum of Art