The San Joaquins Amtrak route travels through the California Central Valley and stops in cities including Oakland, Sacramento, Stockton and Bakersfield. There are multiple trains to choose from each day and California students get a ticket discount.
This website is reader supported and we may earn a small commission from links on this page.
Things to Know
- Exit at Oakland-Jack London Square for water taxi service to San Francisco.
- You can use this route to reach Yosemite National Park (about 1.5 hours away from the Madera or Fresno station via car). The Enterprise car rental location near the Fresno Station has pickup service.
- Travel time between Sacramento and Bakersfield is 5.5 hours.
- Travel time between Sacramento and Fresno is about 3.5 hours.
- Travel time between Bakersfield and Fresno is about 2 hours.
View latest schedules and timetables on Amtrak.com.
- Sacramento, CA – Sacramento Valley Station (SAC)
- Lodi, CA (LOD)
- Stockton, CA – Robert J. Cabral Station (SKT)
- Oakland, CA – Jack London Square Station (OKJ)
- Emeryville, CA (EMY)
- Richmond, CA (RIC)
- Martinez, CA (MTZ)
- Antioch-Pittsburg, CA (ACA)
- Stockton, CA – San Joaquin Street Station (SKN)
- Modesto, CA (MOD)
- Turlock-Denair, CA (TRK)
- Merced, CA (MCD)
- Madera, CA (MDR)
- Fresno, CA – Santa Fe Passenger Depot (FNO)
- Hanford, CA (HNF)
- Corcoran, CA (COC)
- Wasco, CA (WAC)
- Bakersfield, CA (BFD)