At 19427 N John Wayne Pkwy, the Maricopa Amtrak Station in Arizona is small and not in a walkable area. The Texas Eagle and Sunset Limited routes stop here with service to cities including Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago and New Orleans. If Phoenix is your final destination, Maricopa is the closest station — rail service to the Phoenix Union Station was discontinued in 1996 due to lack of funds to repair tracks (source).
If you are traveling to the station, be sure to check out the 1948 observation rail car on site that was once used on the California Zephyr train. Learn more about the station below.
View the full list of station amenities, including:
- Free daily and overnight parking
Things to Know
- If your final destination is Phoenix, book your ticket with Phoenix as your final destination, and the price will include Amtrak bus service to the city. The other option is to book your ticket to Maricopa and request an Uber or Lyft car (approximately $35-$45 to downtown Phoenix)
- You cannot check bags or store bags at this station
- Drive time to downtown Phoenix is about 40 minutes from Maricopa
- If no delays, trains arrive in Maricopa around 9 p.m.
- Trip time to Los Angeles is about 7.5 hours
The closest hotel is about a 45-minute walk away (or 4 minutes via taxi, Lyft or Uber): Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort.