Amtrak’s Crescent trains stop in Atlanta each day on the way to either New Orleans or New York City. The trip is relatively easy as long as you start at a station on the Crescent line, including in Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Otherwise, New Orleans, Washington D.C. and New York City are three major cities where you can transfer to the Crescent.
To quickly view Amtrak commute times and routes to Atlanta, use Google Maps with the transit feature or begin the Amtrak ticket booking process.
Things to Know
- There is WiFi on the train.
- Southbound trains arrive in Atlanta in the morning.
- Northbound trains arrive in Atlanta around 11 p.m.
- Major cities on the Crescent route (besides New York City and New Orleans) include Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Charlotte and Birmingham.
- The Atlanta Amtrak station is a small station in between Midtown and Buckhead. It’s easiest to request an Uber or Lyft car after you arrive or stand at a bus stop on Peachtree Street across the the street from the station for a short ride into Buckhead. You can also walk to the Arts Center train station in about 20 minutes (turn right on Peachtree Street in front of the station).