The Raleigh Amtrak Station, named Raleigh Union Station, is in a walkable downtown area at 510 W Martin Street. Three Amtrak routes stop at this station with service to many cities in North Carolina, Florida and the Northeast. Raleigh to and from Charlotte is a popular trip that takes about three hours, only 30 minutes longer than driving, and there are multiple trains each day.
Raleigh Amtrak Routes
Things to Know
- Bag check and bag storage is available.
- A ticket sales office is on site.
- Hourly and overnight parking is available in a parking deck next to the station for a fee. Note that overnight parking is more than $15/day
*Note that Amtrak Guide might make a small commission for researching and providing information on hotels near stations.
- Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown
- Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
- Raleigh Marriott City Center
- Residence Inn by Marriott Raleigh Downtown
- CAM Raleigh (art museum)
- Joel Lane Museum House
- Nash Square
- Raleigh Convention Center
- Red Hat Amphitheater
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- North Carolina State Capitol
- City of Raleigh Museum