The Dallas Amtrak Station, also called the Eddie Bernice Johnson Union Station, is in downtown Dallas at 400 S Houston Street. The 1916 building has connections to Amtrak’s Texas Eagle trains, DART light rail, Trinity Railway Express commuter trains to Fort Worth and local buses. Plus, it is in walking distance to the downtown historic district, convention center and the location of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination. Learn more about the station below.
This website is reader supported and we may earn a small commission from links on this page.
View all station amenities, including:
- Ticket sales office
- Bag storage (fee)
- Checked baggage service
- Daily and overnight parking
Things to Know
- Many hotels are in walking distance, and two hotels are literally next to the station (La Quinta and Courtyard by Marriott, see below)
- DART Blue and red light rail lines stop at the Union Station with direct service to destinations include the Dallas Zoo, Uptown, Garland and Plano.
- Walk 9 minutes to the West End light rail station for the green and yellow DART lines. The green line goes to the Dallas Love Field Airport and the yellow line to the Fort Worth airport.
- Get a discount on Dallas attractions with CityPass.
- La Quinta Inn and Suites Downtown
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Dallas
- Omni Dallas
- Aloft Downtown
- The Adolphus, Autograph Collection
- The Westin Downtown
Note that we may earn commission if you book a hotel through one of the above links. This compensation supports train travel research and guides.
Things to Do
- Dealey Plaza
- Trinity River (parks and trails)
- JFK Memorial Plaza
- Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum
- Museum of Illusions
- Dallas World Aquarium