Traveling to San Diego on Amtrak? Board a Pacific Surfliner train in Southern California (including in Los Angeles and Burbank), to reach San Diego. There are two stations to choose from: Old Town Transportation Center and Downtown Santa Fe Depot.
- Old Town is near Mission Bay, Seaworld, Ocean Beach, Old Town San Diego Historic Park and the San Diego International Airport.
- The downtown Santa Fe Depot is near the Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, USS Midway, Maritime Museum, Seaport Village, the Coronado Ferry Terminal and rental cars.
- Going to the San Diego Zoo? Either station will work. It’s a 9-minute Lyft or Uber ride from both stations.
For easy trip planning, use Google Maps or start the ticket booking process on Amtrak.com with your start and end cities to see all your train options.
Things to Know
- Trip time is about three hours from Los Angeles.
- You can bring bikes and surf boards on the train.
- There are multiple trains each day that travel to San Diego.