Traveling to San Diego on Amtrak? Board a Pacific Surfliner train in Southern California (including in Los Angeles and Burbank), and travel to the Old Town Transportation Center (near Mission Bay, Ocean Beach and SeaWorld) or to the Downtown Santa Fe Depot (near the Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, USS Midway and Seaport Village).
To find Amtrak options from your starting location, using the “Find Trains” feature on the Amtrak.com homepage.
Note: This website is reader supported and we may earn a small commission from links on this page.
Things to Know
- There are multiple trains to choose from each day.
- You can bring bikes and surf boards on the train.
- Travel time is about three hours from Los Angeles.
- The San Diego CityPass offers discounts on area attrations.
- Going to the San Diego Zoo? It’s a 9-minute Lyft or Uber ride from both San Diego stations.