Traveling to Los Angeles on Amtrak? Multiple routes connect with the historic Union Station next to Chinatown, including from coastal cities in California. The easiest way to plan your trip is with Google Maps using the transit feature with your starting Amtrak station and Union Station Los Angeles as the end destination. Or explore current Amtrak routes below that stop in L.A.:
L.A. Amtrak Routes
- Coast Starlight (West coast)
- Pacific Surfliner (California coast)
- Southwest Chief (Cross-country to/from Chicago)
- Sunset Limited (Cross-country to/from New Orleans)
- Texas Eagle (Cross-country through Texas)
Things to Know
- The Los Angeles Union Station is a major transportation hub and it is easy to transfer to a variety of other transit options once you arrive.
- Travel time between downtown San Diego and L.A. is about three hours.
- Travel time between San Francisco and L.A. is almost 13 hours.