Las Vegas is a popular travel destination in Nevada. Unfortunately, the city no longer has an Amtrak station. The Kingman Amtrak Station in Arizona is the closest to Las Vegas, but you’ll need to rent a car and drive about 1.5 hours to reach the City of Lights.
Things to Know
- The Kingman Station is on the Southwest Chief route that travels between Los Angeles and Chicago.
- Train arrival times in Kingman aren’t very good; overnight accommodations in Kingman is needed. If you get on the train in California or otherwise are heading east, you’ll arrive after 1 a.m. From Chicago or any westbound train, trains arrive just after 11 p.m. without delays.
- The historic Hotel Brunswick Suites is next to the station for easy place to stay. Other nearby motels include Ramblin Rose, Motel 6 Kingsman West and Arizona Inn (note, we may receive commission for helping you find a transit-friendly hotel).
- Enterprise is the major rental car company near the station. With a reservation, Enterprise typically can pick you up, but call ahead to confirm and make arrangements.
- There’s also a Las Vegas, New Mexico Amtrak station, just don’t get off the train there if you are trying to reach Las Vegas casinos!