The Hoosier State Amtrak route connects Indiana with Chicago on a limited schedule. Trip time is about five hours (use the Megabus for a faster commute) and is a great option for business travelers and students.
Visit the Amtrak timetable for the Hoosier State train to plan your trip (be sure to verify latest schedules on the Amtrak site). You can also view current schedules via Google Maps or when booking your tickets.
- Trains depart Indianapolis at 6 a.m. on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Trains arrive in Chicago around 10 a.m. without any delays
- Trains depart Chicago (Central Time) around 6 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Commute time between Indianapolis and Crawfordsville is about one hour
- Lucas Oil Stadium
- Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Indiana Convention Center
- Monument Circle
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail
- Rotary Jail Museum
- Purdue University
- Willis Tower
- Chicago Loop