Reno is a fun destination on the California Zephyr route. Casinos, museums and the riverwalk are just some of the activities to check out. The Zephyr departs from Chicago and Emeryville near San Francisco, plus stops in cities including Salt Lake City, Denver, Omaha and Kansas City. It’s an easy trip if you start at a station on the route, otherwise you can transfer to the California Zephyr in Chicago and in Emeryville.
To see all your train commute options, start the ticket purchasing process on the Amtrak.com homepage.
Things to Know
- The train ride is shortest if you start on the West Coast.
- Sleeper cars are available in case you want to book a roomette or bedroom.
- Rental cars are in walking distance of the Amtrak station if you want to drive to a ski resort, Lake Tahoe or other area attractions.
- You can ride the Coast Starlight from Portland, Seattle and L.A. to connect with the California Zephyr at the Emeryville Station.
- The San Joaquins Amtrak route also stops in Emeryville, which is a great option if you are starting your trip in Northern California.