The Missouri River Runner Amtrak route travels between St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri in approximately 5 hours and 40 minutes, about two hours longer than driving. As the name suggests, the train follows the Missouri River for part of the journey, with stations near many museums and attractions. Enjoy WiFi, a cafe and business class seating onboard.
Fun Fact: This route follows a similar path as the Ann Rutledge train that began service in 1937.
- St. Louis scheduled departures are at 9:15 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Kansas City scheduled departures are at 8:15 a.m 4 p.m.
Highlights of rider reviews include:
- More scenic than expected
- Business class worth the upgrade
- Beats being in traffic on I-70
- Kansas City, MO – Union Station (KCY)
- Independence, MO (IDP)
- Lee’s Summit, MO (LEE)
- Warrensburg, MO (WAR)
- Sedalia, MO (SED)
- Jefferson City, MO (JEF)
- Hermann, MO (HEM)
- Washington, MO (WAH)
- Kirkwood, MO (KWD)
- St. Louis, MO – Gateway Station (STL)